What Is an Occupational Therapist?
Occupational therapists are licensed rehabilitation care professionals who work to restore or improve physical abilities, promote behavioral changes, adapt surroundings, and teach new skills. The goal is to have the individual achieve his or her best physical and mental functioning for the tasks of daily life. Our occupational therapists provide these services on the referral or prescription from a physician, physician assistant or nurse practitioner.
What Can You Expect to Happen During a Session With Our Occupational Therapists?
If your evaluation indicates that occupational therapy is needed, our occupational therapists will design a program of activities to help you make modifications to your home or work life and improve:
- Balance and coordination
- Hand and arm function
- Judgment and problem-solving abilities in daily life
- Self-care skills
- Strength and endurance
- Swelling and lymphedema in your extremities
Hand Therapy Services Include:
- Adaptive equipment and activities of daily living training
- Dexterity and fine motor training
- Edema and scar management
- Massage and joint mobilizations
- Pain management
- Static and dynamic splints
- Therapeutic exercise and activities
- Therapeutic techniques