Oswego Health Home Care extends the arm of skilled services from hospitals, clinics and physician offices into the home. Working under the direction of your physician, services are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Oswego Health Home Care services can help to improve the quality of life for patients and offer convenience for their families and physicians. Home healthcare can help patients to live as fully as possible at home with their loved ones.
Our family-centered approach includes teaching patients and their families about their care, coordinating additional services, and researching community resources.
Oswego Health Home Care is the only hospital-owned certified home healthcare agency in Oswego County.Co-owned by Oswego Health and Embracing Age, a not-for-profit affiliate of St. Joseph’s Health, Oswego Health Home Care is the only hospital-owned certified home healthcare agency in Oswego County. Oswego Health Home Care has several specialized programs tailored to patients requiring specialized services, including an orthopedic care program that allows patients to rehabilitate at home rather than in a short-term rehabilitation program.
Oswego Health Home Care specialized programs include:
Oswego Health Home Care's orthopedic program allows patients to transition from the hospital to home without requiring acute rehabilitation. Patients receive intensive nursing and physical therapy with a needs-based approach in the home environment to ensure patients reach their orthopedic goals.
The program includes:
- A nursing and physical therapy visit within 24 hours after discharge from the hospital
- Physical therapy rendered at the specified frequency prescribed from your doctor
Disease Management Program
Oswego Health Home Care understands that holding the reins of your healthcare is one of the most important aspects of your success at home. Oswego Health Home Care staff are skilled at teaching and assessing the individual needs of patients. The staff follow effective chronic disease management teaching guidelines. Programs include support for:
- Congestive heart failure
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
Patients are assessed and taught:
- Disease management
- What the disease is
- How they got it
- How the disease is treated
- What to expect
- Medication management
- Preventing exacerbations or re-hospitalizations
- Self-care measures and management techniques
- When to communicate with their physicians
Palliative Home Care Program
Palliative care is a specialized form of healthcare used to support the needs of people facing progressive illness. This unique medical approach focuses on managing the patient's symptoms and effectively enhancing the quality of life.
Oswego Health Palliative Home Care Program is designed to provide symptom management while treating the whole person and allowing patients the choice of receiving high-quality, personalized care in their own home setting. Oswego Health has designed a program that provides significant benefits for people from the beginning of a diagnosis to the end of life.
Goals of palliative care for the patient and family:
- Maintain patient choice and dignity for those choosing to remain at home through the final stages of life
- Provide state-of-the-art skills in managing symptoms to ensure comfort
- Take a holistic approach to care
- Ensure the patient's freedom to choose more aggressive treatment while receiving palliative care
- Treat symptoms as desired by the patient
- Provide information for patients and families to assist in preparing advance healthcare directives
- Provide effective pain management
- Address the psychosocial and spiritual concerns of the patient and family
- Provide support for patients and families and assist in developing and using effective coping skills
- Provide care consistent with the patient's cultural and spiritual background
Meeting the needs of the patient and family:
- Patient seen within 24 hours of referral
- Patient case managed by registered nurse
- Plan of care developed in collaboration with patient and family
- Palliative Care Team available to meet changing needs of the patient and family
- 24-hour-a-day staff availability
- Provide continuity of care from hospital to home
- Medicare, Medicaid or commercial insurance home care reimbursement accepted
For additional information, please contact us using the "Get in Touch" form at the bottom of this page.