Oswego Health and Ajoy Roy, MD have partnered to provide highly skilled gastroenterology care in Oswego County. Our specialists offer the highest quality of care for a wide spectrum of diseases and disorders affecting the gastrointestinal (GI) tract which includes the esophagus, stomach, liver, gallbladder, bile ducts, pancreas, intestines, colon and rectum.
Common Conditions Treated:
- Cancers of the digestive system
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) (Barrett's esophagus)
- Swallowing and esophageal disorders (achalasia)
- Abdominal pain
- Bilary stones, stricture and leaks
- Peptic ulcer disease
- Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) (Crohn's disease, ulcerative colitis)
- Celiac disease
- Diverticular disease
- Tumors and growths of the digestive system (complex polyps, submucosal lesions)
- Intestinal obstruction
- Cirrhosis of the liver
- Hepatitis (A,B,C,D, and E)
- Screening for colon cancer
- Anorectal disease (hemorrhoids, anal fissure, anorectal abscess, and fistula)
- NASH - Nonalcoholic Steatohepatitis
- Upper endoscopy
For complete guide on how to prepare for your surgery at Oswego Health, you can download our Surgery Center Guide here.
Dr. Ajoy Roy has been practicing gastroenterology care for the more than 30 years in Oswego County. He earned his Medical Degree from Patna Medical Unviersity in India. He completed his fellowship at Yall University Medical School and is Board Certified.
Dr. Vikram Jala has more than 20 years of surgery experience and will be performing a range of gastroenterology services, including upper and lower endoscopy, colon cancer screening and pancreatitis along with liver disease. Dr. Jala earned his medical degree at Osmania Medical College, located in Hyderabad, India. He completed his residency in internal medicine at the Muglenberg Regional Medical Center in New Jersey. He fellowship trained in gastroenterology at Ottawa General Hospital, Ontario, and at the University of Nebraska Medical Center in Omaha specializing in transplant hepatology and liver disease.
Deanna Grimshaw recently joined Dr. Ajoy Roy and Dr. Vikram Jala with the Center for Gastroenterology & Metabolic Diseases.