For women needing breast care, Oswego Health offers a compassionate team that includes a well-known Breast Care Surgeon, a dedicated Breast Care Navigator and other clinicians who are available to answer all your questions and develop a detailed care plan.
Breast Surgeon Lisa Lai, MD
Dr. Lai provides a complete range of care from screenings, to evaluation of breast masses or other concerns, management of abnormal breast imaging and surgery for benign or malignant disease including lumpectomies and mastectomies. She is affiliated with the Cancer Center at Upstate Medical Center and serves as the medical director for the breast cancer program.
Dr. Lai brings a continuum of services through the partnerships between Upstate and Oswego Health. This collaboration provides radiation oncology and medical oncology services locally for the convenience of cancer patients. This partnership will further benefit local breast cancer patients who require specialized care or choose to have plastic surgery following a breast procedure.
Dr. Lai sees patients in suite 100 of the Seneca Hill Health Center and provides surgical care in Oswego Hospital’s advanced surgery center. You can make an appointment with Dr. Lai by calling General Surgery Associates at 315.592.3939.
Breast Care Navigator
How can a Patient Navigator help you?
- By providing literature on coping with cancer, what to expect during chemotherapy and radiation, and dealing with side effects of treatment.
- By referring you to support groups, classes, and other programs for information and support.
- By helping you identify resources for financial assistance, medication needs, home health care, insurance questions, transportation, and other concerns.
- By listening, caring, and helping you in your time of need.
- By identifying activities that can help ensure a better quality of life.
- Breast Cancer Support Group
Please call Brenda LaMay for more information at 315.349.5513.
The Caring and Sharing Breast Cancer Support Group meets in the Fulton Medical Center's Conference Room the third Tuesday of every month from 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm. For more information, contact Lori Greeney at 315.349.5513.