This is a reminder that the NYS mask mandate is still in effect for all healthcare settings. When arriving for your appointment we ask that all patients wear a surgical protective face mask as cloth masks or other face coverings are not permitted. Should you not have a surgical mask, one will be provided. Thank you for your understanding and compliance as we work together to keep our community safe.
Limited Visitation Permitted at Oswego Health
Oswego Health recognizes that it is not only the right of the patient to have visitors but also is an aid to our patients' healing. However, during times of pandemic disease outbreaks, it may be necessary to limit or restrict visitation to protect our patients, our staff, and our visitors.
In coordination with the visitation guidance issued by the New York State Department of Health, we will adhere to the following policies and practices:
- Each patient can have up to two visitors at a time and may interchange during the patient's stay. End-of-life visitation will be handled on a case-by-case basis to allow the family to spend as much time as possible with their loved one.
- General visitation will be from 12:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- All visitors must be over the age of 18.
- Visitors must undergo symptom and temperature checks upon entering the facility. In addition, visitors will be required to provide their address and phone number at the time of screening for proper contact tracing if needed.
- Visitors must always wear proper face coverings and practice proper hand hygiene throughout their stay.
- Visitors must check out when leaving the building.
- Labor and Delivery– One support person may accompany the patient throughout labor, delivery, and the postpartum period. The designated support person must undergo all necessary screening and will be subject to COVID-19 testing upon arrival to the unit or before if scheduled for a procedure. One other visitor will be allowed and should be designated on admission by the patient. This visitor will be allowed from 2:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. daily.
- Emergency department –Each patient can have one visitor. Pediatric patients may have both parents with them. We also ask that visitors, when possible, not wait in the waiting room as we are limited in space due to necessary social distancing. There are no restrictions to visiting hours as we see patients 24/7. It is required that the visitor remains in the patient’s room throughout the entire visit.
- Urgent Cares– Each patient can have one visitor accompany them to their appointment. We also ask that additional visitors do not wait in the waiting room as we are limited in space due to necessary social distancing.
- Same Day Surgery will continue with one support person unless they are a pediatric patient which allows both parents.
- Lakeview Center for Mental Health and Wellness - Each admitted inpatient will be allowed two visitors per visitation. Visiting hours remain 1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. and 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. daily.