Mask Update for Oswego Health Locations:
Oswego County remains in a substantial transmission rate for COVID-19. Please note that CDC guidelines follow current transmission rates, not community levels and differentiate practices based on transmission rates. Per CDC guidelines masks are REQUIRED at this time for all healthcare settings.
When arriving for your appointment we ask that all patients wear a surgical protective face mask as cloth masks or other face coverings are not permitted. Should you not have a surgical mask, one will be provided. Thank you for your understanding and compliance as we work together to keep our community safe.
Limited Visitation Permitted at Oswego Health
Oswego Health recognizes that it is not only the right of the patient to have visitors but also is an aid to our patients' healing. However, during times of pandemic disease outbreaks, it may be necessary to limit or restrict visitation to protect our patients, our staff, and our visitors.
The CDC has categorized Oswego County Transmission rate (specific to healthcare) as "High".
Effective January 5, 2023, for the safety of our staff and patients, we must now limit visitors at Oswego Hospital and Lakeview Center for Mental Health and wellness.
In coordination with the visitation guidance issued by the New York State Department of Health and the CDC, we will adhere to the policies and practices throughout the COVID-19 pandemic:
- Visiting hours for inpatients will be from 12 to 6 pm.
- Only one visitor will be allowed for each patient at a time.
- End-of-life visitation will be handled on a case-by-case basis to allow the family to spend as much time as possible with their loved one.
- All visitors must be over the age of 18.
- Visitors must undergo symptom and temperature checks upon entering the facility. In addition, visitors must always wear proper face coverings and practice proper hand hygiene throughout their stay.
- Visitors must check out when leaving the building.
- Labor and Delivery– Each patient will be allowed up to two supports in the labor room, one may be a doula. After delivery they may have 1 support person in postpartum, and one additional visitor from 2:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. daily.
- Emergency department –Each patient can have one visitor. Pediatric patients may have both parents with them. We also ask that visitors, when possible, not wait in the waiting room as we are limited in space due to necessary social distancing. There are no restrictions to visiting hours as we see patients 24/7. It is required that the visitor remains in the patient’s room throughout the entire visit.
- Urgent Cares– Each patient can have one visitor accompany them to their appointment. We also ask that additional visitors do not wait in the waiting room as we are limited in space due to necessary social distancing.
- Same Day Surgery will continue with one support person unless they are a pediatric patient which allows both parents.
- Lakeview Center for Mental Health and Wellness - Each admitted inpatient will be allowed one visitor per visitation. Visiting hours remain 12:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.