Contact: Jamie Leszczynski
(Oswego, NY – February 19, 2020) Oswego Health is taking care to the next level as we begin significant renovations to our medical surgical unit at Oswego Hospital.
This $7.6 million investment will completely renovate the third and fourth floors and will truly modernize inpatient care provided in Oswego County.
Scope of project includes:
- Restructuring of all patient rooms to allow for more privacy and accommodation necessary for clinical support and diagnostic equipment. Once finished there will be a total of 40 private rooms and 4 semi-private rooms
- Each patient room will be equipped with a new HVAC filtration system purchased through Healthway that will greatly improve the indoor air quality within the patient rooms
- In addition, Indigo-Clean, a new light technology will be installed in each patient bathroom to continuously disinfect the surfaces within the bathroom area. The technology is known to reduce pathogens by nearly 99% creating a greatly reduced chance of hospital acquired infection and better patient outcome
- Comfortable waiting areas for family members to gather on each floor
- Relocation of the nurses’ station on both floors allowing for more immediate access to the care staff
Check out our latest construction video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViHTLdL-Q88&feature=emb_logo
Construction consists of three phases and Oswego Health is projecting to complete the entire project before the end of 2020.
For more construction updates visit: https://www.oswegohealth.org/inpatient-care/