Oswego Health Home Care is the only hospital-owned certified home healthcare agency in Oswego County.
As a certified home care agency offering convenient and professional care to patients in the comfort of their homes, our staff is available 24 hours a day/7 days a week to provide skilled nursing, rehabilitation services and support services.
We offer several programs tailored to patients requiring specialized services:
Oswego Health Home Care's orthopedic program allows patients to transition from the hospital to home without requiring acute rehabilitation after surgery. Patients receive intensive physical therapy with a needs-based approach in the home environment to ensure patients reach their orthopedic goals.
The program includes:
- A nursing or physical therapy visit within 24 hours after discharge from the hospital (if discharged from Oswego Hospital)
- Physical therapy rendered at the specified frequency prescribed by your doctor
Oswego Health Home Care understands that holding the reins of your healthcare is one of the most important aspects of your success at home. Oswego Health Home Care staff are skilled at teaching and assessing the individual needs of patients. The staff follows effective chronic disease management teaching guidelines. Programs include support for all chronic ailments.
Patients are assessed and taught:
- Disease management
- What the disease is
- How the disease is treated
- What to expect
- Medication management
- Preventing worsening of symptoms or rehospitalizations
- Self-care measures and management techniques
- When to communicate with their physicians
Palliative care is a specialized form of healthcare used to support the needs of people facing progressive illness. This unique medical approach focuses on managing the patient's symptoms and effectively enhancing the quality of life.
Oswego Health's Palliative Home Care Program is designed to provide symptom management while treating the whole person and allowing patients the choice of receiving high-quality, personalized care in their home. Oswego Health has designed a program that provides significant benefits for people from the beginning of a diagnosis to the end of life.
We Home Care clinicians work collaboratively with your provider to manage your care at home.
Goals of palliative care for the patient and family:
- Maintain patient choice and dignity for those choosing to remain at home through the final stages of life
- Provide state-of-the-art skills in managing symptoms to ensure comfort
- Take a holistic approach to care
- Ensure the patient's freedom to choose more aggressive treatment while receiving palliative care
- Treat symptoms as desired by the patient
- Provide information for patients and families to assist in preparing advance healthcare directives
- Provide effective pain management
- Address the psychosocial and spiritual concerns of the patient and family
- Provide support for patients and families and assist in the development and implementation of effective coping skills
- Provide care consistent with the patient's cultural and spiritual background
Eligibility for home care
Patients may qualify for services if they:
- Live in Oswego County, no matter where they receive their medical or hospital care
- Have healthcare needs that can be met safely at home
- Require professional skilled nursing and/or therapy
For more information about home care, call 315.598.1544.