Our specialists at the Center for Gastroenterology & Metabolic Diseases offer the highest quality of care for a wide spectrum of diseases and disorders affecting the gastrointestinal (GI) tract, which includes the esophagus, stomach, liver, gallbladder, bile ducts, pancreas, intestines, colon and rectum.
Common conditions treated:
- Cancers of the digestive system
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) (Barrett's esophagus)
- Swallowing and esophageal disorders (achalasia)
- Abdominal pain
- Biliary stones, stricture and leaks
- Peptic ulcer disease
- Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD)
- Celiac disease
- Diverticular disease
- Tumors and growths of the digestive system
- Intestinal obstruction
- Cirrhosis of the liver
- Hepatitis (A, B, C, D and E)
- Screening for colon cancer
- NASH—nonalcoholic steatohepatitis
- Anorectal disease (hemorrhoids, anal fissure, anorectal abscess and fistula)
Dr. Ajoy Roy has been practicing gastroenterology care for the more than 30 years in Oswego County. He earned his medical degree from Patna Medical University in India. He completed his fellowship at Yall University Medical School and is board-certified.
Deanna Grimshaw recently joined Dr. Ajoy Roy and Dr. Vikram Jala at the Center for Gastroenterology & Metabolic Diseases.