Employee Mini-Grant Program
Each year, a percentage of the amount raised from the employee giving campaign through the We are the First Step Campaign, funds the Employee Mini-Grant Program. This program allows Oswego Health employees to submit in an application to receive funding for unbudgeted items or needs.
For 2018, requests had to align with the Mission and Vision of Oswego Health and tie to at least one of the Oswego Health Values. The total amount allocated for the 2018 Employee Mini-Grant Program was $23,600.
Thanks to the generosity of Oswego Health employees during the 2017 We are the First Step Campaign, 11 employee driven projects received funding through the Employee Mini-Grant Program.
Congratulations! The following applications received full or partial funding:
- Bariatric mammography robes for Medical Imaging
- Equipment to strive for a Center of Excellence Accreditation for the Center for Weight Loss and Surgery for Pre Admission Testing
- Portable pulse oximetry for Respiratory
- Bariatric air transfer device for ICU
- Patient recliner for ICU
- CARESCAPE VC150 vital signs monitor for PACU
- New pullout sleeper for Serenity Room on 3rd floor for Med/Surg
- Books and dental supplies for patients at Primecare in Central Square
- ‘Wound care patient comfort and education’ project for the Center for Wound Healing
- Technology for Adult Day participants at Seneca Hill Manor
- ‘Hearing health education and product demonstration’ project for Audiology
Award recipients were honored at the 2018 Mini-Grant Award Ceremony for their effort and time in submitting an application, and for being selected to receive funding. Note: Not all recipients are in the picture.
2017 winning applications:
- Blanket warming cabinet for ICU
- High speed centrifuge for Laboratory
- Manual recliner chair for residents at Seneca Hill Manor
- Promotional package for the Oswego Health Foundation
- Unguator for Pharmacy
- AccuVein: On stand vein finder for the Emergency Department
- Technology for residents for Activities at Seneca Hill Manor
2016 winning applications:
- Cleaning Verification System for Environmental Services
- Blanket warmer for 3rd and 4th floor Med/Surg
- Sleeper chair for ICU
- Sleeper chair for OB/GYN
- New waiting room furniture for Behavioral Health Service
Employees can participate in the We are the First Step campaign during anytime of the year by making a one-time gift or recurring gift through payroll deduction, credit card, cash or check. The We are the First Step Campaign supports the efforts of Oswego Health to provide accessible, quality care and improve the health of residents in our community. For more information, please visit: https://www.oswegohealth.org/foundation/employee-giving/.