Welcome to Oswego Health!
Congratulations! We are truly delighted you’re joining our team! Our goal is to make your pre-employment process as smooth as possible. Feel free to contact the Recruiting department in Human Resources at 315.349.5848 for any assistance you may need.
New Hire Paperwork
Oswego Health needs initial paperwork, including information required by state and federal law, to be completed before you begin working. Please bring these documents with you to Human Resources on the day you report to Employee Health (within 48 hours of the offer of employment) for your drug test:
Two (2) forms of ID (driver’s license, social security card, birth certificate or passport)
- Any relevant professional licensure, registrations and/or certifications
- All educational degrees/diplomas
- Your smile! We will be taking a photo for your employee ID badge at this appointment
Arrive at Employee Health within 48 hours of the offer of employment, located in Suite 180 on the first floor of the Health Services center at the hospital. At that time you will complete a drug test and be scheduled for a pre-employment assessment with our Employee Health Office. This is required to ensure all our employees are able to successfully perform their jobs, as well as to provide the best possible care and service to our patients.
Click here to begin your new hire health assessment.
When you visit Employee Health for your pre-employment assessment, please bring the following:
- Health history information – you will be required to complete forms prior to your appointment, please arrive 15 minutes early.
- Driver’s license or another form of photo identification
- Immunization Records, including documentation of:
- Prior PPD skin tests
- MMR (measles, mumps, rubella vaccine)
- Tetanus status
- Hepatitis B vaccine history (vaccine is required for all employees working in patient care areas)
During your exam in Employee Health, our staff will complete the following:
- PPD Skin Test (TB skin test): You will need to stop by Employee Health for a reading within 48-72 hours after this test. You Employee Health provider will give you details.
- Fit Testing for TB Respirator Mask: For those with direct patient contact.
- Physical Examination: Completed to determine ability to perform the requirements and functions of your new position. Depending on your new position, you may also be required to complete a Job Matching Evaluation to demonstrate you are able to physically perform the requirements of the job.
- Immunization Analysis: An assessment of immunization status and the need for booster shots or titers.
This assessment is completely confidential. Employee Health will not share specific information with the Human Resources department or your new department.
You will receive a link from Commercial Investigations to complete a background check. You must click on the link and complete the background check within 3 days from the receipt of the e-mail link.
Eligible employees will be enrolled in benefits during their scheduled new employee orientation. Please feel free to view your options by clicking here.
All offers of employment are contingent on being cleared by Human Resources and Employee Health based on the above listed criteria.