Oswego Health recognizes that employee benefits are an important component of the total compensation package provided to employees, and are important for ensuring the health, welfare, and financial security of our employees and their families. We continually monitor benefit trends, and seek to provide a benefit program that meets the needs of staff.
Who is eligible?
Oswego Health employee, hired to work 60 hours or more per bi-weekly pay period, are eligible to enroll in the benefits. You may also add spouses and children, from birth to age 26, onto your benefits coverage through Oswego Health.
Health Dental & Vision Insurance
Comprehensive Health Insurance as well as Dental and Vision Coverage are available for eligible employees and their families. Coverage is effective the first of the month following first date of employment.
- Medical Plan Options (PPO) from Excellus BlueCross BlueShield
- Advantage Plan
- Advantage Plus Plan
- Dental Plan Options from Delta Dental
- Preventive Plan
- Comprehensive Plan
- Vision Benefits from VSP Choice Plan
- VSP Network
- Non-VSP Network
- Pharmacy Benefit Manager – ProAct
- Over 63,000 participating pharmacies nationwide including Oswego Hospital Pharmacy, Rite Aid, Kinney Drugs and Wayne Drugs.
Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
Oswego Health is pleased to again offer you the convenience and savings of a Flexible Spending Account (FSA). Your FSA lets you save a portion of your income each year without paying tax on it (that’s the same as earning an extra 30% on that money!) to pay for qualified medical and other expenses. You must re-enroll each year to receive this benefit.
- Health Care Reimbursement Account
- Eligible expenses are those that are not fully paid by your medical, dental or prescription drug plan including deductibles, copays, prescriptions, eye exams, glasses and contact lenses.
- You may set aside up to $2,750 pre-tax dollars per year for both you and your eligible dependents for these out of pocket expenses.
- You do not need to be enrolled in the health insurance to participate in the FSA
- Dependent Care Reimbursement Account
- Eligible expenses include dependent care expenses for any dependent children (as defined by the IRS) less than 13 years of age, or an adult dependent who is disabled, or unable to care for themselves and spends at least 8 hours per day in your home.
- You may set aside up to $5,000 pre-tax dollars per year for any eligible child or adult care expenses.
- Transportation Reimbursement
- Eligible expenses include parking and mass transit expenses such as a bus pass, tokens or any similar item you may use to commute to work.
- Employees may set aside up to $265 per month or $3,180 pre-tax dollars per year for parking or $265 per month or $3,180 per year for transportation expenses listed above.
- Contributions to your FSA come out of your paycheck before any taxes are taken out. This means that you don’t pay federal income tax, Social Security taxes, and state and local income taxes on the portion of your paycheck you contribute to your FSA. You should contribute the amount of money you expect to pay out of pocket for eligible expenses for the plan period.
Life Insurance & AD&D
Eligible employees receive coverage at no charge equal to one times the amount of annual salary. Exempt employees receive two times the amount of annual salary. Spouse and dependent coverage as applicable also provided. Coverage begins after two months from date of hire.
Supplemental life insurance can be purchased as well.
Long Term Disability Insurance
Exempt employees are eligible for 60% of monthly earning to a maximum benefit of $8,000 per month. Voluntary Long Term Disability coverage is offered for purchase if you are a full-time or part-time benefit eligible employee working a minimum of 20 hours per week.
Voluntary Short Term Disability Insurance & Critical Illness
Individual Short Term Disability Insurance is offered to all eligible employees working 20 or more hours per week who are actively at work.
- Monthly benefit amount of 60% of your gross monthly salary
- Benefit period of 25 or 24 weeks dependent on the chosen benefit start
- Rate is based on age, salary and choice of benefit to start on the 8th or 15th day
Voluntary Critical Illness Insurance is offered to all eligible employees working 20 or more hours per week. Specified disease insurance can help by paying a lump sum payment directly to you at the first diagnosis of a covered condition. Coverage for spouse and dependent children is also available.
Oswego Health offers a pre-tax investment opportunity through our 403(b) Plan.
- All employees are eligible to begin their own contributions on the first day of employment.
- An automatic deduction of 4% begins after 60 days of employment. Opt out is available.
- The 403(b) plan has an employer matching contribution component.
Full-time, part-time, and per diem employees, their spouses, and dependent children living in the employee’s home are eligible for a prompt pay discount of 35% on Oswego Health services including Physician Care PC for those not on Oswego Health Medical Insurance. Discounts for those on our medical plan have been built into the plan design.
Paid Time Off for Full Time and Exempt Employees
PTO accrual will begin each paycheck after the start of your employment. PTO consists of vacation, personal time, float, legal holidays and sick days rolled into one benefit to use as you wish. Accrued time will be available for use immediately for exempt staff and after 90 days of employment for full time employees.
- Continuing Medical Education (CME) reimbursement for clinical affiliates
- Free parking
- Differential Pay
- Evening Shift – 10%
- Night Shift – 15%
- Weekend Shift – an additional 10%
- Hospital-paid Employees Services Program (ESP), a discount services program
- Discounted services with AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, YMCA, and Stability Fitness to name a few
- Paid ten year anniversary
- Employee Recognition Events
- Employee Fund Events such as Drive-in Movie Night, bowling nights, holiday dinner and many more to promote a positive work culture!
- Active committees focusing on the Mission, Vision and Values of Oswego Health as well as Wellness, Safe Patient Handling, Lean Six Sigma and Employee Fund.