Our volunteers and auxiliary members are an integral part of our health system. These dedicated community members donate their time and talents to provide assistance in a variety of ways in our health system. If you are interested in joining either group, please contact Dawn Smith, Volunteer/Clinical Support Coordinator, at email@example.com or 315.349.5835.
The Oswego Hospital volunteer services department provides a variety of services to our patients and their families every day. Oswego Hospital is extremely fortunate to have a dedicated team of volunteers who donate more than 12,000 hours of service to the organization annually.
Opportunities for students, teens and adults allow you to give back to your community. Volunteers help with information and directions, patient discharges, flower delivery, mail delivery, and so much more. We also have volunteers working in our hospital snack bar and gift shop, the Fulton Medical Center, The Manor at Seneca Hill, as well as various departments throughout the health system.
Volunteers can start at age 14 with parental permission.
Volunteers 18 years of age and older may apply at any time.
- Pass an employee health screening
- Read and agree to the Confidentiality Code
- Adhere to the dress code
- Undergo a background check
- Participate in a volunteer orientation session
- Be able to volunteer a minimum of 50 hours per year
Oswego Health volunteers are eligible for the following benefits:
- Free lunch each day, based on volunteer hours
- Annual flu shot
- Annual volunteer recognition luncheon
You can make a difference in your community. If you have an interest in volunteering, call Dawn Smith at 315.349.5835.
Oswego Hospital Auxiliary
The Oswego Hospital Auxiliary is an all-volunteer organization whose sole mission is to support the hospital by providing funding for equipment, programs and services to enhance patient care. Funds are raised through various community events and fundraisers. If you want to make a difference, meet new people, and donate your time and talent, we encourage you to become a member of the Oswego Hospital Auxiliary.
By joining the auxiliary, you'll be supporting healthcare in our community. You can be as active as you wish at auxiliary fundraising and information events, or you can simply make a monetary donation that will support auxiliary activities.
What We Do
- Donates more than $50,000 each year to Oswego Health
- Assists with fundraising for needed medical equipment, programs and services
- Grants healthcare scholarships each year that advance employee education
- Hosts a 2-day bazaar each fall
- Gets together monthly for meetings and gatherings
You can be a part of this integral team. Membership in the auxiliary is open to both men and women. If you have an interest in joining, pleases call Dawn Smith at 315.349.5853.