The mission of Oswego Health is to provide accessible, quality care and improve the health of residents in our community. With the mission in mind, the purpose of Oswego Health's Quality Management Program is to maintain an effective, ongoing, hospital-wide, data driven, quality assessment and performance improvement program (QAPI). The ultimate goal is to provide care that is patient oriented, safe, effective, timely, efficient, and equitable.
Lowest Infection Rate in Area
Oswego Hospital has one of the lowest rate's of hospital-acquired conditions (HAC), compared to hospitals in the region, according to a Medicare study.
- Oswego Hospital earned The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval® for Hospital Accreditation by demonstrating continuous compliance with its performance standards. The Gold Seal of Approval® is a symbol of quality that reflects an organization’s commitment to providing safe and effective patient care.
- Oswego Health Home Care earned a 5-star rating, the highest possible from CMS for the care it provides its patients.
- The Manor has consistently earned a four-star quality rating from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS). This rating is based upon numerous care metrics, that include staffing, inspections and quality. Skilled nursing homes across the country are rated using a five-star scale, much like hotels, movies and even books available for order on Amazon.
- The Veteran’s Administration has also given The Manor’s Adult Day Health Services program high marks and praise in recent years.
- Oswego Health’s Lakeside Heart Center was re-accredited by the American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation (AACVPR), signifying the facility offers the highest standards for cardiac rehabilitation. To earn this prestigious certification, Lakeside Heart Center participated in a process that required an extensive review of program documentation, its performance improvement processes, as well as its policies and procedures.
- The Oswego Hospital Maternity Center received a Certificate of Excellence award from the NYS Dept. of Health for its hepatitis B immunization program. The award recognized the Center achieving 100 percent program compliance, which prevents perinatal transmission of the hepatitis B virus.