Oswego Health cares about its role as the leader when it comes to providing a complete healthcare system to the individuals and families of Oswego County and Central New York.
We care about getting answers. We care about making a connection. We care about being local, responsive, safe and convenient when it comes to our patients.
Just as it has for the past 140 years, our healthcare system and team of professionals continue to develop innovative and high-quality programs that improve the health of area residents.
We pride ourselves on these standards and expectations that define us as Oswego Health.
Lowest infection rate in area
Oswego Hospital has one of the lowest rates of hospital-acquired conditions, compared to hospitals in the region, according to a Medicare study.
- Oswego Hospital Ranks Among Best Hospitals for Maternity Care by U.S. News
- Oswego Health is among the Top 5% in the nation for providing excellence in patient safety by preventing infections, medical errors and other preventable complications 2016-2020.
- Oswego Hospital earned The Joint Commission's Gold Seal of Approval® for Hospital Accreditation by demonstrating continuous compliance with its performance standards. The Gold Seal of Approval® is a symbol of quality that reflects an organization's commitment to providing safe and effective patient care.
- The Center for Weight Loss & Surgery at Oswego Health achieve accreditation from the Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program®.
- Greater Oswego-Fulton Chamber of Commerce presented Oswego Health and its employees with the Community Investor Award in 2021 for their tireless work throughout the pandemic, to ensure community members had access to testing and proper care.
- Oswego Health Home Care earned a 5-star rating, the highest possible from Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) for the care it provides its patients.
- The Manor at Seneca Hill has earned a 4-star quality rating and 4-star rating overall from CMS. This rating is based upon numerous care metrics that include staffing, inspections and quality.
In 2021, the Center for Wound Healing at Oswego Health scored in the top 10% of eligible Healogics® Wound Care Centers® on the Clinical Excellence measure, which is the Comprehensive Healing Rate weighted by wound mix, and received the Robert A. Warriner III, M.D., Clinical Excellence Award. In addition, The Center for Wound Healing was also recognized for Clinical Excellence in Patient Satisfaction and Wound Healing Rates.
Oswego Hospital Maternity Center received a 5-star rating for C-Section Delivery for two years in a row by Healthgrades.
- Oswego Family Physicians and Fulton PrimeCare are recognized by the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) as a Patient-Centered Medical Home Program.