Welcome to Case Management at Oswego Hospital. It is our mission to assist our patients, their families, staff and physicians,
in providing supportive services and promoting coordination of care through collaborative practice, and focusing on outcomes that enhance the quality of care through efficient use of resources.
Case Managers provide services that include psychosocial assessment and intervention, crisis intervention, and short term counseling related to your medical illness and course of treatment while at Oswego Hospital..
Our case managers will work with you, your physician, your health care team and your insurance company in planning for your care during and after your hospitalization. Case Managers are available to all patients, regardless of the reason for your stay.
Case managers can assist you with:
· Reviews to your commercial/HMO insurance provider regarding your admission, length of stay and use of hospital resources.
· Questions regarding your Medicare/Medicaid rights and the discharge appeal process.
· Information regarding community resources available to you and, when appropriate, referral information for housing, support groups, crisis counseling, and mental health programs.
· Referring you to our Quality department if you have concerns with your care.
· Advanced directives such as a Health Care Proxy.
· Arranging appropriate community and home care services such as:
* Nursing Home Care
* Home Health Nursing
* Home Health Aides
* Home Physical Therapy
* Home Respiratory Therapy and Equipment
* Home IV Infusion Therapy
* Durable Medical Equipment
* Home Delivered Meals
Communication across the continuum of care is very important to us at Oswego Health as we fulfill our mission
to provide accessible, quality care. Your case manager is here to assist you with understanding the course of treatment prescribed by your doctor, answering questions you may have about going home, and advocating for
you while you are a patient with us. Discharge planning will begin early on in your stay.
Our Case Management team consists of Registered Nurses and Social Workers.
We are available Monday – Friday from 7am-4pm and Saturday and Sunday 7:30am-3:30pm. We also have a Social Worker available 5 days a week from 2-10pm for your convenience. Please feel free to call us at 349-5736 with any questions you may have. We are happy to assist you at any time.